Powered by Blogger.

New Season Dawning at Wolford (Part 2)

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yesterday, I touched on some of the stuff that I'm personally passing on. Today, I'm talking about stuff I like, but ain't necessarily ponying up the cash for. In other words, despite the fact that these are well done pieces of hosiery, there's better stuff in my opinion.

The Marie Tights fit the description above, in my opinion. They're really pretty. They're really well done. They have a couple of those Wolford trademark attributes that I've always really liked.

The Marie Tights have a stay up effect where the band is done in a sort of diamond shape. The tights themselves have a ribbing design that begins at the waistband and continues down to where it is broken up by the stay up band. After the band the ribbing begins again and continues all the way down to the toe. An extra added subtlety is how the ribbing doesn't just end at the band but finishes in a sort of u-turn effect where one rib reaches the band and circles back in the direction where it came from. It's a small detail, but it finishes the tights so well. While a ribbing effect isn't necessarily the most unique design in the world, the ribs are also done in a sort of zig-zagging line that you can't quite make out unless you really look closely. In fact, the more I look at the design of these tights, the more I really appreciate the subtle details.

The Marie Tights are a blend of 66% cotton, 26% nylon, and 8% elastane, making them perfect for the colder fall and winter days, as they begin to set in. They are not yet available and Wolford isn't giving any hints as to how many colors they'll be available in. But we do know they'll cost £29.00 ($48).

Also coming soon are the Tabea Tights. Also referred to by the website, quite interestingly, as 'delightful irritation'. As a lover of fine lingerie with a vintage look, I certainly appreciate the effort. I'm not sure how much I like the delivery though. Once again, I can say it's a unique idea, not to mention one that almost made me surprised, once I saw it, that nobody had done this before.

Stay up effects are nothing new to Wolford. But I can say with pretty good certainty that this may be the first panty/garter/stocking effect that they have done. Does it work? I can't decide. What do you think?

The tights themselves are a sheer black. The large diamond fishnet effect that they did on the stocking is something that Wolford has done before. The band of the stockings is a different, smaller fishnet effect that is then topped off with in a wavy floral pattern. All together, it looks like a very pretty lace top stocking.

From there, there is a thin black strip that begins to widen towards the top, creating the illusion of a garter strap. The strap continues to widen until it disappears under the illusion of a panty. The panty (or illusion of) is a vintage brief style panty. Its like vintage lingerie for the tights-wearing group. It really is cleverly done, I have to admit.

The tights are 88% nylon and 12% elastane. They are 20 denier and have a soft waistband. Once again, no hint as to what colors and sizes these will come in. We'll have to stay tuned to find out.

Finally (for now) we have the Nirina Tights. These tights do not have the detail (or perhaps busy-ness) that the two above have. What they can boast, is an ajouré pattern that I am always in love with when Wolford does it.

They are done in a line pattern that is supposed to elongate the appearance of the legs. The website boasts that these tights have a silky softness to them. It serves the purpose of caressing one's skin while, at the same time warming it. In addition, there is a knitted heel, and a smooth sole, something Wolford usually does when it does these types of styles. The pattern is really nice and, if the model is any indication, looks absolutely stunning on the legs.

The Nirina Tights are 57% viscose, 32% nylon, 10% silk, and 1% elastane. Sounds pretty nice doesn't it? The picture seems to indicate that it will come in a cream color. Without a doubt it will be available in black as well. Beyond that? We'll have to wait and see, I guess. Finally, these tights will cost £34.00 ($56). I can't wait to see these in person.

So, here are another three upcoming styles for Wolford. I like them all but there not my favorites. But then again, we're just getting started. Stay tuned. There is still plenty of nice stuff coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment