Powered by Blogger.

Feeling a Little Blu

Friday, July 3, 2009


My first purchase from Italian hosiery manufacturer, Oroblu, was the Magie 20 Brilliant tights. As the name might suggest, these are sheer tights with a shimmering sheen to them. The shine is quite brilliant and eye-catching, without being over the top. Upon putting them on this morning, I was really taken by how good these look. In addition to their look and shine, these tights project a quality of tights that cost twice as much.

They are completely sheer throughout, save for a reinforced toe with a flat seam. In terms of comfort, you can't beat these. They really feel good all over. While I'm always partial to tights that are sheer throughout, I can't get over how good these feel on and how perfectly they fit. I almost feel as though they are made for me.

These have been around for a while now, and they're starting to disappear from many of the websites where I've seen them. But I did still find them on the website above for €8,32 ($12). This is a really really good price. I would compare these look and feel wise to Falke, and it's usually pretty tough to find Falke tights at anywhere near this price.

They are 89% nylon, and 11% elastane with a denier count of 20. They also have a cotton gusset. They come in size small to 'maxi' (XXL), so you can probably find a pair to fit you regardless of your shape and size. They also come in 8 different colors. I got mine in black, but, after looking at the picture here, I may go back for a lighter shade too. I really like the way they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment