Powered by Blogger.

Remembering psychic astrologer Henrietta Llewelyn Davies

Friday, April 1, 2011

I have just learnt that the psychic astrologer Henrietta Llewelyn Davies passed away on March 15. A mutual friend phoned me yesterday - I saw her name come up on the mobile - but I didn't want to answer it. Tonight I had an uneasy feeling the call was to do with Henri so I googled her and just came across her death notice. We hadn't talked in nearly three years after a bust up.

She was a psychic of unusual ability - whenever sceptics decry her line of work I recall her uncanny ability to fathom the right answer out of the blue, to give the right piece of advice. When we first met, at London's Groucho, she was succinct: 'You will never write the Kevin Spacey book'. I had hoped to write a bio of the elusive actor but events beyond my control conspired against the project. She counselled many famous authors and journalists and was their trusted confidante. Novelist Jeanette Winterson was just one; and I know Justine Picardie was a friend. Jeanette wrote a wonderful piece on Henri's astrology in Vogue: I commend it as a rational attempt to explain the value of divinatory work.

Aside from her consultancy work, Henri had astrological columns in a number of publications including Woman's Own, Cosmo and TV Times; and broadcast on the old 1TV/Channel 4 text service Teletext. She had also authored a series of  astrological pieces on celebrities for The Times. Related to Daphne du Maurier, Henri had a family link to one of the Lost Boys who inspired JM Barrie to write Peter Pan  - Justine writes about this here.

There's so much more to say but this is not the place. My condolences to her loved ones and friends; to her partner James in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment