Powered by Blogger.

Happy Holliday

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I must admit, Mimi Holliday is a new name to me. Based out of London, line creator, Damaris Evans focuses on luxurious fabrics, such as silk chiffon or silk satin, and uses it to create classic styles that are flattering to the wearer and employ plenty of detail.

The price points make these a sort of mid-luxury brand name, keeping it well below the La Perlas and Eres' of the world, while still costing more than the every day Victoria's Secret lingerie.

My first impression is that Evans struck a pretty good balance. I like the 100% silk of the garments. I like the transparent tulle appearance. I like how, while certainly helping any woman look and feel sexy and sophisticated, I could see this line fitting men quite well too...or I'd certainly at least like to find out.

There are two lines just released by Mimi Holliday. The Encor L'Amour (molded demi-cup bra and knicker pictured here), and the Ooh La La, which I may profile on tomorrow's post. The line here features two bras that retail for $83. The knicker pictured, is actually the most expensive piece within the collection, costing $125. There is also a Brazilian bikini and a g-string, which are both in the $50-60 range. Again, considering we're talking about all-silk lingerie pieces, I can't really complain too much about these prices.

I am certainly struck by how pretty these pieces are. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment