Powered by Blogger.

Fuch-ing Sexy

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Word association time.

It probably comes as little surprise that I can associate most words with lingerie. Hey, when you've been blogging for almost 2 years about lingerie, it stands to reason that you should be able to easily tie most words back to lingerie.

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself...

That said, the word 'fuchsia' typically doesn't inspire happy thoughts. Most often, it makes me think of (the bad kind of) trashy lingerie, cheaply made, and (most often) highly flammable. Might as well just go the whole distance and make it edible at that point to.

So there it is. Fuchsia can't be done tastefully. I've said it.

Turns out I was wrong, though.

Chantelle, maker of some of the most stunning lingerie out there, made quick work of changing my mind. Taking some bold bright colors and applying it to their lacy, detailed, gorgeous lingerie isn't anything new for Chantelle. But I maintain that fuchsia, is still a bold step for anyone. Anything goes wrong, and you're being hit across the face with an obnoxious amount of bright flashy color. Again, think: highly flammable.

Chantelle's Chantilly collection, done in fuchsia, does just the opposite. It draws you in. It makes you take notice of all of the exquisite lace detail. It lends a sophisticated, elegant look to a color that is more often, loud and boisterous. It leaves you just taking in all of the remarkable intricacy, all of it simply perfect. The lace bra and culloute thong (pictured here) are more stylish than over the top, more seductive than loud. It is very well done, and that is really all that I can say.

Chantelle's other latest release, the Icone collection, is available in much more understated tones, such as 'skinrose'. But who would want such a boring color?

ps. I'll be back to my regular posting on Monday. Taking the day off tomorrow to make the biggest purchase of my life (and no, sadly I'm not talking about lingerie).

No comments:

Post a Comment