Powered by Blogger.

Better Late Than Never?

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Typically, I do not like like to post reviews of items that are no longer available for sale. One of my goals is for readers to use this blog as a tool when shopping. I hope that I can point them to or away from items that I've tried. The way I look at it, we all have limited resources, when it comes to disposable income. When I've tried something that I love, I like to suggest it to my readers. When I try something that is a waste of money, I would also like my readers to know this, in case they want to avoid. At the same time, I guess, when I try something that's so-so, I can tell my readers that too, and they can make their own decisions as to whether they want this item or not.

All of this said, I am in love with the Falke Bennett tights. Yet, I can't find them for sale anywhere, anymore. For whatever reason, they went quickly and are no longer available. For me, I bought them a while back, but haven't tried them until now...which is too bad, because these most certainly would've fallen under the "recommend" category.

At any rate, I'll talk about them for a moment anyway, because you never know when you might see them in a store or on ebay or something like that. If you do, grab 'em. Or, if Falke comes out with something similar in future lines, they might just be worth it as well.

These tights have a ton going on. They've got a wide fishnet texture pattern with polka dots at each crossing of the net. This is done over a sheer hose, all in black. This starts right after the solid toe reinforcement and continues up to mid-thigh, to create the stay up illusion. From there, the stay up band illusion is two solid lines enclosing a lighter sheer strip with flowers all around it. Above that is a more opaque boxer brief. The brief, however, still has plenty of give and is quite comfortable. Falke pulls all of these looks together for what proves to be a stunningly beautiful and very comfortable pair of tights.

They are 92% polyamid, 7% elastane, and 1% cotton. The stay ups are 15 denier and the panty is 30 denier. I am truly in love with these tights! I only wish I had told you about them sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment