Powered by Blogger.

I Gotta Admit...

Friday, June 19, 2009

Okay. After another week away from the blogging machine, I owe you, the reader, much much more than this. And it is coming, I promise. But for now, I'll be ending the week with one of my least sexy posts ever. Y'all will just have to forgive me for it.

I hate cotton panties. Hate them. Find them useless. Beyond that, I'm not a big fan of Victoria's Secret. I tolerate them due to the fact that they're one of the few lingerie stores in my area I can walk into and shop in and, well, sometimes you need that in-person experience. But, as I've always said, one of the more rewarding things associated with me starting a blog, was that it opened my eyes to the so many different non-Victoria options out there.

So, all of that said, you probably realize by now that I'm going to write about cotton Victoria's Secret panties today. You've probably also realized that I'm going to tell you how much I love them. Life can be funny, can't it?

Amidst the many things I dislike about cotton panties, the one thing I do like, is how they bring me back to a different time. I was five years old (swear it) when I first snuck into a panty drawer only to realize that panties were so much different than what I had to wear. They were cut differently, but I probably didn't notice that as much as the many different colors and patterns. They were also much softer than my "boy briefs" of that time. Needless to say, I had to have them. It would be years later that I discovered nylon and satin panties...but they did little to change my mind about my love for panties.

Fast forward to the present and Victoria's Secret recent unveiling of the not-so-cleverly titled "VS Undies". Hey, they're cotton panties, how creative can you get, I guess. They're the Signature Cotton that VS has always had, but they're redone to be a great deal softer and, bless their heart, stretchier. At the usual 5 for $25, I gave them a shot, and I do love them. There's still nothing exciting about them, but they feel great, and that's sometimes all you need. They're only about 150,000 times better than the PINK collection. Let's put it that way.

At any rate, I'm still all about tulle, lace, and pin up panties, never fear. But these are probably a sensible, if not exciting, addition to any collection. They come in a ton of colors and patterns sizes XS-XL. They're available, in sting, thong, string bikini, bikini, brief, hiphugger, and, of course, boyshort.

Now, about the boyshorts...

Someone needs to help me out with this one. Why, in the many styles and options in panties available, does there need to be a boyshort? We need a panty that mimics the male boxer short (even if they ironically fit miserably on men)? Is it just to mock people like me? I just don't get it. If I never had to wear a boxer short again, I'd be happy. I can't believe choosing it when you're a woman. Oh well...I digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment