Powered by Blogger.

Introducing: Nicki Minaj

Tuesday, September 21, 2010










































Hip hop artist Nicki Minaj is Out magazine's October 2010 cover girl.

I'd never heard of Nicki until a few days ago, when I saw her (is that bootylicious butt real?) at the MTV Video Music Awards. Turns out she is a 25 year old US rapper with serious 'tood.

This shoot is cleverly styled by Brent Austin Coover and photographed by GL Wood. Here is an excerpt of her interview:

On her sexuality: “People who like me — they’ll listen to my music, and they’ll know who I am. I just don’t like that people want you to say what you are, who you are. I just am. I do what the f**k I want to do. The point is, everyone is not black and white. There are so many shades in the middle, and you’ve got to let people feel comfortable with saying what they want to say when they want to say it. I don’t want to feel like I’ve got the gun pointed at my head and you’re about to pull the trigger if I don’t say what you want to hear. I just want to be me and do me.”

On her career goals: “I want to do what people think I can’t do, which is have the number 1 album in the country and be the first female rapper to sell records like dudes in this day and age.”

On being loved by gay men: “If a gay guy impersonates you, you are a bad bitch. Period. There are no ifs, ands, or buts, because they only impersonate the best.”

No comments:

Post a Comment