Powered by Blogger.

Wolford Satin Touch 20 Tights

Monday, September 28, 2009

I don't know about you, but I've always equated satin with feeling good. In fact, I can't think of a use of satin that would be unappealing. Satin sheets...who doesn't like those? Satin dress...looks good and feels even better. Satin panties? Come on, you don't even have to ask. So when a pair of Wolford tights claims to have a 'satin touch'...well, you can count me in.

Most of what I've reviewed from Wolford in the past has been their seasonal items. Because they're only around for a pre-determined amount of time, there's a certain sense of urgency that comes with purchasing them. Wait too long, and you may be kicking yourself when they're gone (as I am with the Medallion Tights of last season). As a result, when I shop at Wolford, I inevitably end up passing on some of their basic tights, knowing that they'll always be there for seasons to come.

As such, I've looked at the Satin Touch 20 Tights countless times in their store, without actually buying them. The shininess of the material was appealing as well as...well...I've already told you how I feel about a certain 'satin touch'. Recently, that changed as, instead of putting them back, I bought a pair. For all the times I had passed on them, after purchasing them, I suddenly couldn't wait to put them on to see, for myself, how they looked and felt.

They were every bit as good as I imagined. They shimmer brightly on the skin in an understated way that no other hosiery maker can pull off quite like Wolford. In addition, these are among the softest smoothest tights I own, while still being plenty sheer. They are the kind of tights that make it difficult to not rub your legs or look under your desk at them throughout the day. Few tights feel better.

If that's not all good enough, at £15.00 ($24 USD), they're much less expensive than Wolford's seasonal fashion tights. In fact, they're barely more than tights you'd get at Victoria's Secret, among other retailers.

The Satin Touch 20 Tights are a blend of 85% nylon, 14% elastane, and 1% cotton, which makes up the gusset. They are (as their name suggests) 20 denier, and still quite transparent. They have a flat knit soft waistband and a nearly invisible reinforced toe. Finally, the best part, these tights come in extra small, small, medium, large, and extra large. In addition, they come in an amazing variety of 12 different colors! Just about anyone can find a pair that fits them perfectly and creates the perfect look on their legs. It's absolutely brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment