Powered by Blogger.

Pleased To Meet You, Becky

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For a while there, I was all about the stocking-effect tights. Everything I profiled and reviewed seemed to have an effect of some sort. I've recently noticed, however, that its been a while since I've tried anything like that. Shame on me.

I'm pretty sure I've sworn on these pages, more than once, that nobody does the stocking effect like Wolford. Can I take that back? Do you mind if I take that back? Of course I can take that back...it's my blog. Hell, I can delete it and pretend it never happened.

Truth be told, if the stocking effect has become a trademark of any tights designer, it's, without a doubt, Trasparenze. In fact, I could sit here and tell you that the Italians just do it better than the Austrians, but I...actually, yeah...that's what I'm going to tell you :). Exhibit A, the Becky Mock Stocking Backseamed Tights, from UK Tights.

Where to begin? The tights are done with a black on cosmetic look. The detail of the garter belt starts right at the waist and descends down into a lacy g-string effect with lots of detail in the front. 4 garter straps connect to the stocking which also has a stunning lace detail at the top. From there, the back-seam takes over. But even that couldn't be plainly done. Instead, the back-seam descends down the back of the leg, and the middle of the foot, with a continuous bow-like pattern, that matches the garter-belt straps. If there is a sexier pair of tights on the market right now, I can't think of what it is. These tights are absolute jaw-droppers. You really need to try these yourself to understand how great they look and feel.

The tights are sheer throughout with a matte finish. They are made from a blend of 85% nylon and 15% elastane. They are sheer at 20 denier, but also perfectly durable. They also come in 4 sizes and can fit heights anywhere between 4'9" and 6'1". These are among the best fitting and feeling tights I own. They were an instant favorite of mine.

For the feel, comfort, and look, as well as the quality that can be expected from Trasparenze, these tights are an absolute steal at £11.45 (less than $19). You can go ahead and pay twice as much for Wolford, if you want, but the truth is you'll be throwing your money away. Rather, go ahead and buy two of these.

You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment