Powered by Blogger.

Tights Tuesday: Kunert Mystique Tights

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My tights review pick this week from UK Tights is the Kunert Mystique Tights. This is my second review of Kunert tights, and the thing that continues to strike me about their product is the quality. While Kunert does dabble, somewhat, in fashion tights with prints and effects, their real strength seems to be in their basic tights. A while back, I did an in-depth post where I compared their satin tights to that of Wolford. At the time, I couldn't believe how favorably they compared to Wolford at a much lower price point. Since then, I've worn their satin tights several times, and the quality continues to stand up wear after wear and (hand) wash after (hand) wash (you knew I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to remind everyone of the importance of hand washing, right?).

With the mystique tights, I have a feeling I'm going to be in the same kind of long-term relationship. The quality of these tights surpass the price point in much the same way the Satin Look tights do. If I were to go through the exercise of comparing these to Wolford the way I did with the Satin Look, I'd say these most resemble the Wolford Individual 20, which were the first tights I ever tried from Wolford way back when. Once again, the main difference is price. The Mystique 20 delivers every bit of look and quality and does so at slightly less than half the price of the Wolford counterparts. The premium you pay is for the Wolford name and for little else, as it turns out.

But enough about Wolford. The Mystique 20 tights are a perfect fit. They're fully boarded and designed to fit the curve of your legs and result and a fabulous, and extremely comfortable fit. These are going to feel every bit as good at the end of the day as they did in the beginning, no matter how long your day is. As always with a basic tight, they can be worn everywhere and can adapt to multiple occasions in the same day whether formal or casual. Because they fit so well, you won't have to worry about tugging at them or adjusting them as the day goes on. Trust me. These tights wont move. Getting all of this for a pair of tights at under £10 is an absolute steal. If you need basics, and you're going anywhere else, you're making a mistake. Trust me. I've tried 'em all :).

The Mystique 20 are made from a blend of 61% polyamide and 39% elastane. They are completely sheer throughout except for a shadow toe with flat seams. They are an incredibly soft and smooth fit. For a price of just £9.93 ($16), I can't recommend them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment