Powered by Blogger.

You've Got Questions...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm am extremely appreciative of all who sent in questions over the past week. They were all completely awesome questions, and I enjoyed reading and reflecting upon all of them. I have to say, I've received a great mix of questions, and that was exactly what I was looking for.

I'm going to begin rolling them out today in Q&A format and answer a few a day until I run out. A couple of these I liked so much (and have so much to say about) that they're going to get their own blog post in the upcoming days. So if you don't see your question today (or even tomorrow), know that you will soon.

If you're just tuning in now and didn't ask a question feel free to ask now. I'll still fit it in!

Don't forget, someone is going to win a $25 e-gift card to Sock Dreams. I'll announce the winner at the end of these posts.
On to today's questions:

From Missy M of the very awesome Fashion Fusion:

I'd like to know everything about you. How you first realized you loved all things tight like and how you first got started with your blog.

Great question (you're going to find me saying that a lot)!

First off, after the next few posts, I do hope you all know everything about me. But I'm always willing to respond to anyone with any questions. Recently, I had begun to realize that my blog had become very shopping specific, in terms of new styles and shopping crushes. While such posts probably did a good job highlighting the styles I liked and places I shopped, it probably did little in terms of projecting anything about me, personally. I'm hoping to do a better job of at least touching upon that from time to time, going forward.

I first realized that I loved tights (and all forms of hosiery/leg wear) at a pretty young age. I spent my high school education in private schools that required uniforms. As such, I noticed the array of different types of leg wear that could be paired with skirts (part of the required uniform for women) and always liked that type of look. I blog a lot about different styles and colors now, but even back then it was something I took notice of. I'd say, that's when I first realized it. It would be years later before I realized how big a part of my life it was.

For a long time, I kind of hated the fact that I liked something so much, but never really got the chance to talk about it. I first got started with my blog as a sort of outlet for this interest. I felt like it would give me the opportunity I didn't have in my everyday life to just talk about whatever was on my mind in the subject of tights or even lingerie. It started as just that, with me saying whatever was on my mind lingerie-wise. Over the last three years it's helped me develop my interest in this subject as well as connect with some great people who also had a lot of interesting things to say and were probably looking for a similar type of place to say it.

What I like most about my next blogger is how each post transports me to a different place. Each time I read this blog, its like I'm taking a mini-vacation...most often to Europe.

From Haute World:

I'm curious as to where your lingerie obsession came from.

The funny thing is, that's a question I've often ask myself! For some reason, I have trouble even giving myself a satisfactory answer.

As someone in my early 30s, I can say that the obsession has kind of grown on me over time, leading me to express it in blog format (for reasons stated above). It came from being a curious youth, I suppose. From the moment I noticed that not all foundation garments are created equally, I became intrigued with lingerie. I liked how pretty it could make someone look. I liked how good it can make someone feel.

Growing up, while most guys might be loathe to step into a Victoria's Secret to buy their girlfriend a gift, I realized that I loved the experience. It wasn't long before I was awaiting the introduction of new styles and colors with quite a bit of anticipation. From there, I guess, it grew as all obsessions do. I spend time trolling the Internet looking for new designers in styles the same way that many other bloggers do. When I find something I really like, I can't wait to blog about it so others know.

From Sabine of the always well-photographed Psynopsis:

Are you really a man (who happens to love female underwear) or did you make a mistake in your profile?

Hmmmm. The short answer: No, I did not make a mistake in my profile :-).

I've recently noticed that, from time to time, there might be some confusion over my gender. That is somewhat by design. I never wanted to spend too much time dwelling on the fact that I'm a man focusing on what is typically female subject matter. As discussed above, it is lingerie and leg wear that interests me and I wanted that to be the focus of my blog. There are certainly plenty of very good blogs out there about individuals and their fetishisms or experiences with "crossdressing". I decided I wanted to go in a different direction with my blog.

That said, I'm glad you asked. I do want readers to feel like they know me and I don't want to mislead anyone. While I don't think I'll ever want to be the focal point of my blog, I do want anyone who reads this to know enough about me that we feel some sort of a connection to each other.

I hope this (and my next several) posts go a long way towards achieving that connection. So again, thanks for asking!


From Kristin of Bon Bon Rose Girls, the blog with a little of everything and all things fashionable:

I would love to know what your favorite affordable brand is...i.e. under twenty bones.

Yay! I feel a list coming on...my favorite. Since you didn't specify, between lingerie, and leg wear...I'm going to do both.

Let's start with lingerie:

3. Leg Avenue: For Leg Avenue, the pluses include the fact that they make a huge variety of specialized looks. Corsets, garters, teddies, bustiers, and much more are all available from Leg Avenue, typically at very affordable prices. The big minus for Leg Avenue is that the quality isn't typically the greatest, and the lingerie can sometimes have a inexpensive kind of feel to it. But there's no arguing that they've cornered a niche where if you need a certain look for a certain night, Leg Avenue will get you there without breaking the bank.

2. Maidenform: Really, there's not much to not like. It seems to me that everything Maidenform makes fits comfortably and feels great. They have plenty of stylish looks to chose from. Finally, it seems they always have a promotion where you save if you buy more. It's the perfect brand for everyday stocking up.

1. O Lingerie: Okay, not everything is under $20, but all panties are and most bras are under 30. Despite the price tag, there is plenty of stylish, gorgeous lingerie to choose from. O Lingerie has plenty of great styles and colors without the price tag you might expect.

Leg wear:

3. Aristoc: I've made no secret about what a fan I am of Wolford and Falke. Aristoc can get you very close to that look and feel at a fraction of the price. Their basics are always under $10 and they have a generous amount of fashion prints too, which typically come in at a below $20 price tag.

2. Pamela Mann: Back seams, floral prints, fishnets, bright colors...Pamela Mann seems to have them all. The only thing you'll ever have a hard time finding, is a pair of tights that cost more than $20.

1. Jonathan Aston: In terms of breadth of product line, quantity of styles, and quality of feel, I've yet to see Jonathan Aston be beaten. Aston carries literally tons of product and all of it is unique and stylish. You're almost guaranteed to not find anyone in the room wearing the same thing you are...whatever room you may be in. The best part is, you can buy a week's worth of Aston hosiery for under $100.

That's all for today. If you've managed to make it this far, check back tomorrow (hopefully), I'll have more Q&A's to post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment