Powered by Blogger.

More From Pompea

Friday, January 28, 2011

Last week I spoke about my newest tights crush Pompea, taking a quick look at their business, and a more specific look at their Sheer 20 Tights. Pompea was, and of course still is, a new name to me, but I'm certainly in the process of familiarizing myself with their product. The more I try from Pompea, the more I am growing to like them.

This week, I'm taking a look at the Sheer 30 Tights. As you can probably tell from the name, they are a similar pair of tights from a week ago, only a bit more to the opaque side (while still technically being considered sheer).

As Mother Nature continues to pound this area with snow and cold, opaque tights can certainly be very, very useful. That said, I can't help but be more drawn to the sheerer tights. I like some density to the tights, but I'm more of a fan when you can see the leg (at least to some degree) through the tights. Don't ask me why...my love for tights, while unconditional, can sometimes still be complicated. These tights strike that balance, however. They definitely feel thicker and warmer, but they still have a sheer look to them. What's more, the added 10 denier, can go a long way in terms of durability to these tights. I was hard on them while putting them on, trying to see if they could withstand some less-than-delicate treatment. They stood up perfectly. If you're someone who feels like you can wear tights without causing tears, runs, or holes, these are definitely the tights for you.

These tights are made from a blend of 88% nylon and 12% lycra (4% more lycra than the 20s which also contributes to its added durability). They are available in 4 different sizes and 6 different colors. Just like the 20s, they are incredibly soft and smooth and feel incredibly comfortable on the legs. They have a bit of a satiny look on the legs without being overpoweringly shiny. Once again, they feel like much more expensive tights than they are.

The Sheer 30s are fully boarded, with flat seams, cotton gusset, comfort waistband, and reinforced toes. They are made in Italy and are perfect for a variety of looks from business or formal to casual. These tights cost $11.99. Once again, I can't get over what an amazing value they are.

**photo courtesy of Shapings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment