Powered by Blogger.

What Else Can I Say...

Wednesday, December 3, 2008


...other than these tights are, as the website attests, a work of art. Sometimes I wonder where the inspiration comes from, when I see the different patterns that Wolford comes out with. Honestly, when you look at tights that women wear in public, it is always easy to spot Wolford. The patterns and designs are always quite unique. Of all their recent designs, these are probably the most unique.

I doubt seriously that the picture in this posting will do much justice to these tights, because, honestly, the picture on the package doesn't really do it any justice. When the store manager showed me these tights, I wasn't all that impressed. I actually threw them in a drawer for a week or two before finally wearing them today.

It was only once I took them out of the package and started to put them on that I realized the detail, the beautiful detail, involved in these tights. Where to even begin? For one thing, they are slightly less sheer than just about anything I've reviewed thus far from Wolford. They are 25 denier, whereas most of their sheer tights are 15-20. They are a blend of 87% nylon and 13% elastane, which is more typical. So they have about the same comfort of anything else I've worn from here, but just a slightly more opaque tight feel to them (though they are still plenty sheer).

But that's about where the similarities to any of their other tights I own end. This season, the stay up effect design has been big. That being, they like to create a design that works its way from the toe up to about the mid thigh, where there is some other sort of design. Above that is usually nothing. Making it look like you're wearing a stay up when you're actually wearing tights.

This is like that from the thigh down, but different above...if that makes any sense. From the toe up to the mid thigh is a dot pattern. In addition, there is a back seam effect that is done to look like almost a flower stem adorned on each side with thin leaves all the way up to the mid thigh. At the mid thigh, is a floral pattern done in a sort of a circle, for the top of the stay up effect. Above that, however, the back seam and dot pattern begin again. They continue up to the waistband where there is another floral pattern around the waist.

If I made these tights sound very busy, it was not my intention. The detail works...really well. These really are stunning tights to look at. I can only imagine the attention they'd draw to the wearer. As I said above, I've never really seen anything that compares to these.

Sadly, or luckily I guess, I grabbed the last pair from my local boutique. In addition, the London Boutique Website that I always link, is out of these as well. Fear not, however. I was able to locate them in the Melbourne Boutique Website, where they are currently selling for $95.

I know I am always spouting the virtues of Wolford, but if you never listen to another word I say, I think this would be the time to listen. You can't miss these tights. Again, I don't know how much of a picture this is here, but if you do take my advice and buy them, I'm sure they'll quickly become your favorite.

ps. If you do buy them, you may want to consider going a size higher than normal. For whatever reason, I'm a large in these instead of the typical medium. With this detail, you probably want to avoid overstretching these.

No comments:

Post a Comment