...aaaaaand I'm back. I missed you all. Thank you so much for the sweet comments while I was away. I also really missed trying new stuff and doing some reviews, so I'm glad I get to kick things back off with a review...and a good one at that!Sheer shine tights are at the top of the list of my favorite things...tights. There is something undeniably attractive about a sheer sheen on a pair of legs. Unfortunately it is among the more difficult pairs of tights to find at an affordable price. While you certainly don't have to pay Wolford prices, it seems that even the discount brands charge a premium for a good level of shine.
That is where Couture comes in. Their Sheer Shine tights, my pick of the week from the always awesome UK Tights, are basic, and their product line is certainly limited, but, if you're looking for a shiny tight at a reasonable (read: under $15) price, they should be your go-to brand. The tights are sheer throughout and, while not as soft as a Kunert, for example, they are very smooth and comfortable on the legs. The shine that comes off these tights are absolutely perfect. It is certainly noticeable, but not so strong that it has little use beyond the holiday party. Rather, if you like the subtle, but catching, shine in your every day wardrobe, these are just perfect.
The tights are made from a blend of 86% nylon, 12% lycra, and 2% cotton. They are quite sheer at 15 denier, but still very durable and should last for several wears at least. They are sheer throughout and also have a comfort waistband and nearly invisible reinforced toe, that includes hand finished flat seams. They are available in 4 sizes fitting heights anywhere between 4'11" and 5'11". Currently, they come in two different colors, cocoa and smoke. At £8.95 ($14.53) there's no telling how long even these two colors will last...so it may be wise to grab a pair (or three) today.
I'm glad I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment