Powered by Blogger.

Oh Rhapsody!

Monday, August 25, 2008


...As in the Rhapsody Net Tights, pictured here, from (who else?) Wolford. But the expression is no less appropriate for how I feel today, finally back in tights, after a few weeks without. I know...I'm quite sad thinking about it too.

But on to happier times, as today I thumbed my nose at borderline oppressive humidity and adorned my legs with these lovely tights. I can tell you that they feel great, but you knew that already...they're Wolford. But to really appreciate these, you need to look at them. The detail is astounding. On top of the plain black tights, is a sewn in fishnet pattern all the way down to the toe. Halfway up the thigh, the fishnet pattern stops, and on top of that is the sewn in pattern of a floral lace. The detail works to create the illusion of a floral lace-topped fishnet stay-up, worn on top of plain black tights. The sewn in effect is raised up quite a bit from the tights themselves, so they create a nice feeling as you run your hands over your legs, while wearing these.

These tights are 20 denier and are an 88/12 blend of nylon and elastane. They stay sheer all the way to the waist and have a sandal toe. I got them during the recent clearance sale at my nearby Wolford store. Unfortunately, the website offers no such discount. They are available there for £25.00, which means about $46.25 for our weak-as-ever dollar. Still, I believe they are worth it. If you enjoy fashion tights that look great, feel even better, and are high quality enough that you can wear them over and over, it's probably still worth the investment. You can probably buy two pairs of a cheaper brand for that kind of money, but you might be paying for less than 50% of the quality and detail of these tights. So why would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment