Powered by Blogger.

Redemption?

Saturday, June 28, 2008


So a few short days after a Leg Avenue rant, what does a logical person like myself do? Throw on another pair of Leg Avenue stockings, of course. I know, they're a stocking for beginners, and you're doomed to be disappointed with much of their product line. But before I knew a lot of this, when I was scooping up a few pairs of inexpensive cuban heel stockings, these were one of them. So since I already had them, and since my garter belt could prevent them from falling down to my calves this time, why not?

These stockings had a cool look. They're nude with contrasting black tops, seams, and heels. These are actually really light for nude, but I like the light look personally, so I was cool with that. The contrast, as you can see in the attached picture, looks pretty hot. I especially like how the cuban heel rises up above my Chuck Taylors, somewhat conspicuously, reminding me of what I'm wearing, and allowing the very attentive a glimpse.

The stockings are a 85/15 blend of polyester. The stockings claim to be retro looking, which is true enough, I guess. They do have just the right amount of shine to them. They definitely don't feel retro (and aren't made to feel so) as they have quite a bit of stretch to them. But for someone who doesn't have the leg shape of the average woman, a little stretch probably isn't a bad thing.

What else is there to say? They're inexpensive at $9, and worth the try, in my opinion. I wish I had the money to buy only nice stockings, but since I started wearing them everyday, I have to pick and choose the days I break out the nice stuff, I guess. For those other days, I can be happy when I end up with a stocking like this. You want to give them a try? You might be happy too.

Maybe Leg Avenue isn't evil after all. Maybe, like the rest of us, they just have their bad days. I guess I have myself a bit of hand washing of hosiery to get to this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment